Saturday, April 6, 2013

A new quilt beginning

My niece has a young friend undergoing chemo treatment, so I have agreed to make a snuggle quilt for her.

A good half hours shopping in Brunswick, and I chose these lovely fabrics by Riley Blake in a layer cake and a jelly roll...











Now to choose the design...originally I had in mind to make a disappearing nine patch, which looks bit like this

http://www.popularpatchwork.com/news/article/disappearing-nine-patch/5294/
(Sorry this is not live, I haven't quite worked out how to do that yet)

But now I think I might do a stack and slash.
This method is quicker, looks great, showcases the fabric nicely, and you lose less fabric in the cutting and sewing.

This quilt is not a long term project, so I will keep you informed of its progress.

Posted from another day in Paradise.

No comments:

Post a Comment