Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Halloween, a wedding, and two zoo visits equal a busy time.

In the week of Halloween, to my amazement, I received a text from my lovely tap teacher to this effect.....

Hi Bronwen,
just wanted to let you know I'm celebrating Halloween in tap class tonight . I understand this may conflict with your spiritual beliefs and apologise. I'm dressing up as a hag, hanging spooky masks and playing 50s monster themed music. I'll understand if you'd prefer to pass on it but welcome you if your fine with it! Ms Evie xxx

Wow...I was so impressed by her consideration of me as a Christian. Did Halloween conflict with my spiritual beliefs...of course.....but would I pass on it? It took me only seconds to realize I would be dressing up as well, and going along to the lesson.

Jesus claimed to be the light of the world,

John 8:12. Again Jesus spoke to them, saying, “I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will not walk in darkness, but will have the light of life.”

and that is exactly what I would be dressing up as...the light of the world. I was not quite sure how I would achieve this, but I had the day to rout around in the dress up box, and visit the local op shops for inspiration.

A calico caftan that had been used for something else, and a headpiece to represent a flame, and I was done. A candle!!! A light in the darkness!









Ms. Evie and I weren't the only ones who were dressed up that night.


An engagement invitation, that turned Into to a wedding ... Evan and Bec tied the knot!!! We were privileged to be invited to the wedding ceremony at the Registry office in town! and then attend the after party. Most attendees at this had been invited to their engagement, so were all very surprised when Marnie announced Mr and Mrs Dodd had arrived. A lovely day, a great celebration, and we wish them every happiness and along life together.










Zoo visit by two, once with a couple of the McCoys from Castlemaine, and once with the twin McCoys from Maribyrnong.

What a great place the Werribee Zoo is, although some of the animals are a little elusive, such as this gorilla....



The lions were well out in the open, and this big boy was enjoying his morning tea.


Once we boarded the safari bus, there were lots more to see and photograph.









The first day was not complete without a little shopping ....




And the second visit, not without some serious play...




I would recommend the Werribee Zoo, they have some wonderful overnight stays available, and lots of feed the animal programs as well.



Posted from another day in paradise.

No comments:

Post a Comment