Tuesday, July 2, 2013

The days of wine and roses

Or should I say, the days of cakes, spas and manicures.

Olivia baked her very first, completely made from scratch cake. It took a while, you tend to forget how long cake making can be when you have become a little accustomed to packet mixes.

I must confess though, those "proper" cakes taste so much better. Olivia chose red, pink and orange for her marble cake.











She could hardly wait to cut it and try it!

A luxurious for spa was then the order of the day, Mum especially enjoys this treat.




Then came the manicure.....lovely nails to show off the new wedding ring Mum treated herself to. I think she has been widowed longer than she was married, but still felt incomplete without the ring that had to be cut off some years ago. At 100 years old, those little old fingers are getting riddled with arthritis, and giving her pain a lot of the time, but she can still knit.





The finished quilt that I began a couple of months ago...apparently the young recipient loved it, so I am very pleased about that...










Because I enjoy quilting so much, I am going to try and make more time to use up some of my stash of fabric, and produce a couple more quilts. I have a couple of ideas in mind...watch this space !

Posted from another day in Paradise.

Location:Castlemaine

No comments:

Post a Comment