Monday, May 20, 2019

Sunset at Mindil Market

On Saturday, after a leisurely breakfast, we took the village bus to the Parap Market.   This is a free bus offered by the market, and picks up at various hotels around the CBD.   It was extremely hot, with a humidity reading of 90%, so we spent just an hour or so there before waiting for the bus to bring us back to the city.  There were lots of stalls, selling everything from recycled from inner tire goods, to fruit and vegetables.

We took the bus right into the terminal, and found a nice pub to enjoy lunch.   Three of us had the plate of prawns, which was just delicious, consisting of 5 crumbed prawns and five prawns wrapped in filo pastry in a cone shape.  

We walked down to the Esplanade, and went shopping at Coles for a few stores.   I waited on the seats outside, where I was befriended by an Aboriginal gentleman who referred to me as “my darling”

I think we all had a Nanna nap on returning to our apartment, and enjoyed lasagne and salad for dinner before watching the election results until midnight

On Sunday, we were picked up by Kevin and Kellie, who took us to the Boat Trailer Club at Fanny Bay for lunch.   Again I enjoyed prawns for lunch, this time in a salad.  We spent a most pleasant time with them, especially seeing Kellie again, as we had not seen her for over three years, and then only briefly.  She enjoys fishing competitions, and belongs to the club we went to.

Another resting afternoon prior to taking a Uber to the Mindil Market, lots of peeps, food, atmosphere, food trucks.   I had my name written on a grain of rice, and we loved the typical Darwin sunset.   I do remember them from all those years ago, in fact it’s  my most vivid memory of Darwin.
A taxi delivered us safely home , no waiting, just hop in one!





1 comment:

  1. Those Darwin sunsets are so spectacular. I’m impressed by the name writing on rice. You must be careful with it’s storage. Binge reading your blog as I have been away in Coonamble spending a week with my family.

    ReplyDelete