Friday, December 7, 2012

Finished things

After inheriting a vary large amount of fabric from my late sister, I was very motivated to finish some of the WIP's (or UFO's). that I had hanging around, just wanting to be finished.
It did not take me very at all to complete the place mats that I started about eight years ago. Just a few days, and a container of varnish. Kath was making some as well, and I am very pleased that mine are now done, and in use on the table even as I write.





The next thing to draw my attention was the Noah's Ark soft toy which had been hanging fire for about eight years as well. Now that we have two more granddaughters, I could see that it might well be played with. So again, not much needed to complete the job.





Last, but not least, was the painting. Once again, hardly any finishing was needed, I think I actually completed it in about ten minutes. How could I have left something not finished for the sake of just ten minutes????





Proudly hanging in the kitchen to remind us each morning to put the coffee pot on, a ritual we do so enjoy.

There will be more finished things coming along, but in the meantime I will show you a started one. Olivia learnt to tie dye as part of one of her Guide badges.








What a great job of dying a yellow t-shirt!




3 comments:

  1. Noah's Ark is amazing. You are very talented in crafts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thinking of you and hope you are all safe from Cyclone Evan.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you my friend, yes we are, we had to travel home 24 hours earlier than planned, we were very blessed to get out when we did, the airport closed as we were on the runway apparently. B. x

    ReplyDelete